Psalm 46 - A Prayer for Ukraine

 



God, as I read the words of this psalm and as I listen to this song, I can’t help but think again of our brothers and sisters in Ukraine. I can’t imagine the trauma that they face daily. I can’t imagine the fear. I can’t imagine the tears and the despair as they face the destruction of all they’ve known - buildings destroyed, cars burned, children kidnapped, women raped, lives taken.

So, I pray Psalm 46 for and with them.

God, as their mountains crumble and their waters foam and as their earth gives way, be their refuge; be present as their help; be their strength (v. 1-3).

God, remind the Ukrainian believers that you are seated on your throne and that while Putin rages, the earth can and will melt with a simple utterance of your voice (v. 6). God, just say the word.

God, destroy the destroyer. You are the one who makes wars cease - you break the bow, and you burn the chariots (or tanks) with fire (v. 8-9).

I pray that in their turmoil, you will still the hearts of the Ukrainians - that they will be reminded that you truly are God, firmly seated on your throne. And as Putin exalts himself, use this evil to bring the nations to yourself as the only exalted one (v. 10).

Amen

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 20 - Lord, Save the King

Psalm 13 - “How long?”

Psalm 24 - Every Six Steps